No air conditioning? Stay cool with these water tips:
1. Drink cold water – ideally ice water. Keep ice water in a reusable insulated water bottle to sip throughout the day to cool off and stay hydrated.
2. Dip feet in cool water, just enough to cover the top of the feet. While the feet soak, dab a cold washcloth or ice pack on pulse points — temples, neck, elbow crooks, wrists, behind the knees, and ankles.
3. Take a tepid or cool shower or bath.
4. Chill sheets and take a freezer pack to bed. Wrap the pack in a washcloth and put it in a water-tight Ziploc bag to avoid leaks and condensation.
5. Spritz curtains with water or hang a damp sheet in front of an open window or fan. The breeze evaporates water as the it passes over the damp curtains or sheet. Setting a tray or bowl of ice in front of a fan is another option.
Photo © Paweł Szpytma