The average US person’s water footprint for power production in the US averages to 39 gallons per person per day on according to WaterFootprint.org. And nearly 25% of all residential power consumed stems from idle appliances and devices.
Save water and energy:
– Unplug phone chargers, laptop charges, and game consoles when not in use.
– Shut down computers at the end of the day
– Flip off power strips when done with the devices
– Use power strips or smart strips to cluster multiple devices onto one switch. (e.g., computer, printer, and router or TV and video game console)
– Unplug the coffee maker, washer, dryer, or microwave if not using. Digital displays require a constant draw of power.