Washing hands to the Happy Birthday Song has long been touted as an effective practice for preventing the spread of illness. But, perhaps, you’re tired of singing Happy Birthday an average of nine times per day. Here are some 20-second alternatives:
1. The narrative introduction to Star Trek 2. The Lord’s Prayer 3. The chorus lines to a number of pop songs including: You Need To Calm Down– Taylor Swift Party in the USA– Miley Cyrus Firework– Katy Perry Mr. Brightside– The Killers Jolene– Dolly Parton Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey Macarena– Los Del Rio 4. Recite Percy Bysshe Shelley’s “Ozymandias”, or another short poem of your choice 5. Count to 20
Dishwashers use half the energy, one-sixth of the water and less soap than hand-washing according to research at the University of Bonn, Germany. Dishwashers beat the hand washers in both efficient water use and cleanliness level.
Need a dishwasher? Consider these tips to get the most efficient and effective:
1. Choose an ENERGY STAR dishwasher
2. Scrape food into the compost. Don’t iwaste water rinsing.
3. Choose an eco-friendly dishwasher detergent.
4. Run full loads, on the “light” cycle and turn off the “heated drying” option.