Prevent FOG (Fats, Oils and Grease) Clog this holiday season and throughout the year to reduce overflows, backups and clogs:
Never pour FOG down kitchen sinks, garbage disposals or into toilets!
– Let FOGs cool after cooking, then put them into a disposable plastic bag, securely seal or tie, then put into the trash.
– Wipe pots, pans and plates with paper towels to capture any leftover grease before washing.
– Use a drain strainer to keep grease and food scraps out of the kitchen sink drain.
Keep the holiday cheer going by keeping pipes flowing.
Prevent pipe clogs by:
– Pouring or scooping cooled cooking fat, oil, or grease into a disposable sealable sack and disposing in the trash.
– Avoid the garbage disposal. Put food scraps in the garbage or, better yet, the compost pile.
– Forego the flush. Discard tissues, wrappers, wipes, and menstrual products in a wastebasket, not the toilet. Even “flushable” wipes shouldn’t be flushed.LikeCommentShare