Savoring candy treats is part of the Halloween experience, ward off cavities with these water tips.
1. Eat and Drink (Water). Enjoy a glass of tap water with candy or chocolate to help keep sugar rinsed off the teeth.
2. Swish and rinse teeth with water after enjoying a sugary snack.
3. Consider a fluoride rinse when brushing or drink flouridated tap water. Flouride helps strengthen teeth to prevent cavities.
(Scottsbluff does not flouridate, Gering does).
4. Encourage brushing and flossing after a treat session.
5. Choose better sweets for teeth.
Graphic: America’s Pediatric Dentists