It’s the height of mowing season (Yes, bad pun) with many uses for grass clippings:
1. Leave clippings on the lawn as a natural fertilizer.
2. Compost clippings, making sure to mix the grass into the pile to enhance aeration and prevent compaction.
3. Make (Lawn Clipping) Tea
Make lawn clipping tea by placing fresh cut clippings in a bucket of water and allow it to steep for about three days. Then pour the nurtrient rich brew onto the roots or spray on the leaves.
4. Mulch with clippings to retain moisture, suppress weeds, keep the soil cool and improve its fertility.
5. Raised Bed are a great way to use up your excess grass clippings. Thin layers of clippings alternate with thin layers of shredded leaves to provide a nutrient rich compost base to the bed.
6. For the truly crafty use clippings as a natural organic fabric dye.