Clogs from Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) are easily preventable:
- Don’t pour FOG down the drain
- Pour cooled fats, oils and grease into a container and put the container in the trash. If you don’t have a container, place tin foil into a coffee cup or similar, add FOG, allow to cool and dispose.
- Before washing, use a paper napkin or paper towel to wipe FOG from dishes and dispose of it in the trash
- Use sink strainers to catch food waste
- Put food scraps in the trash, not through the garbage disposal.